We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with our GDPR-compliant privacy policies.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data, please contact us.
We are working hard to ensure our compliance with the GDPR and would be happy to discuss your concerns and how we can improve our policies. You also have the right to complain to the ICO if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data, but we are very happy to address any concerns directly and rectify any processes where necessary.
This policy is effective from 1st October 2018.
Lawful basis for the processing of data
- The processing of your data is necessary in order to respond to enquiries / communications, and to offer, fulfil and deliver any products and/or services that you have contracted us to provide. We may also need to process your data for purposes where you have given us consent to do so or where you have shown a legitimate interest in us and/or our products/services.
What we collect
- We may collect (but not limited to) the following information:
- name and job title
- date of birth
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- information such as device, operating system, web browser
- visits to the website, and pages visited
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
- We may process this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, as well as other reasons, including:
- Age verification for restricted goods.
- Updating you on the status of your account and / or orders, purchases etc.
- Internal record keeping.
- Analytics and insights.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may periodically send promotional communications about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the details which you have provided, if you have given consent for us to do so or shown a legitimate interest in us and/or our products/services, or if you have actively engaged with us or our website.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We will keep any data securely on file for the duration of your relationship with us, whether that is as a customer, subscriber, supplier, or other.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Wherever possible, we will process your data anonymously in order to protect your privacy.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- We may also use retargetting cookies in order to show you adverts that may be more relevant to you.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.